U.S. Citizen Services
For opening hours, contact information and to make an appointment, please select a location most convient to you.
Note: Same day emergency passports and additional visa page services are only available at the U.S. Embassy Bern.
Who is allowed into the U.S. Embassy and consular agencies?
For consular services, please note that only the following visitors will be permitted entry:
- The applicant(s)
- Both parents/guardians (and minor siblings) of applicants under the age of 16
- Escorts required to accompany applicants with special needs
Allowed Items: You may bring one modest-size bag into the waiting room area. The size of bags allowed is: 35 cm (length) x 30 cm (height) x 20 cm (width). Bags larger than this size will not be allowed.
Due to security and space constraints, we are unable to permit other guests into the Embassy and consular agencies.
You are not allowed to enter the U.S. Embassy with any of the following items:
- Electronic or battery-operated devices, including mobile phones, digital diaries, digital watches, pagers, cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3s, floppy disks, laptops, portable music players and e-Readers
- Food and liquid items
- Sealed envelopes or packages
- Cigarettes, cigars, match boxes, and lighters
- Sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kind
Please note this list is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of the security staff. There is no facility at the U.S Embassy to store prohibited items. You must make arrangements to store these items before entering.
Travel Alerts and Warnings
Appointment - Bern
Send your vote home
Learn more about the absentee voting process. Click Here